top of page

It's your privilege and get more chances in Japan!!

Updated: May 15, 2022

Why don't you jump into Japan with Working Holiday visa to take more opportunities to Work and Enjoy such a beautiful culture and tradition before Japan gets full of international people back after COVID-19!!

Overview of Japan Working Holiday

A working holiday visa is a special visa for young people between the age of 18 and 30 (25 in case of some countries), to stay in Japan for up to one year. Working holiday visa holders are allowed to work part time while staying in Japan.

If you are from one of these countries below, get ready now!

  • Argentina

  • Australia

  • Austria

  • Canada

  • Czech Republic

  • Chile

  • Denmark

  • Estonia

  • France

  • Germany

  • Hong Kong

  • Hungary

  • Iceland

  • Ireland

  • Korea

  • Lithuania

  • Netherlands

  • New Zealand

  • Norway

  • Poland

  • Portugal

  • Slovakia

  • Spain

  • Sweden

  • Taiwan

  • United Kingdom

Unlike a student visa or a standard Japanese visa, a working holiday visa in Japan doesn’t restrict the number of hours you can work or the profession. The only exception to this rule is you’re not allowed to work at “businesses which may impact public morals” such as bars, nightclubs etc.

What is requirements?

  • Valid passport of the countries mentioned above

  • You are between the ages of 18 and 30

  • You will not bring any dependents with you

  • You have not had a Japan Working Holiday Visa in the past

  • You are in good health

  • You have the necessary financial requirements to sustain yourself at the beginning of your stay. The necessary funds you need for the Japan Working Holiday Visa depend on your country, but you will generally need between US$2,500 to US$4,000.

What kind of documents required?

  • Fully filled-out Japan Working Holiday Visa application form;

  • Valid passport;

  • ID photos;

  • Updated CV;

  • Travel itinerary while in Japan;

  • Essay of the reason for applying for the Japan Working Holiday Visa;

  • Return ticket evidence;

  • Medical certificate;

  • Sufficient funds for your stay in Japan

  • *ERFS (Important)


Additionally, due to Japan border restrictions of COVID-19, you will need to have a “Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS System” (受付済証, uketsuke zumisho) to enter Japan.

If you have questions about this new document, you can contact us and we will gladly explain it to you.

How long can I stay in Japan on a Working Holiday Visa?

Citizens of the countries from the list above can stay in Japan for 12 months.

Can I Extend a Japan Working Holiday Visa?

No, you cannot extend it.. However, you can apply for a “Change of Status of Residence” at your local office of the Immigration Services in Japan if you have found a job which is in the category of permitted occupations for foreign workers. You can apply to change your category to a Japan Work Visa and continue to live there under the conditions of your new residence status.

What kind of job can I get?

When you try to find a job in Japan, you have to attend a job interview on the spot, and you need to have a Japanese tax number and bank account first.

Typical jobs for the holder of a working holiday visa;

  • Work in restaurants, cafes and fast food chains

  • Language Teacher

  • Work at hotels, ryokans, ski resorts

  • Light factory work, packaging goods

  • Moving companies

  • Farm work

Even though it is generally also possible to find a job if you don't have any Japanese language skills, it is considerable easier to find a job if you have at least basic Japanese language skills.

You can learn some Japanese prior to your trip to Japan and/or you can attend an intensive Japanese language course in Japan during your first month (or longer), while at the same time already looking for a job.

[Important information]

Good thing is that our partner language schools can provide the “Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS System” (受付済証, uketsuke zumisho) which you will be required to have when entering Japan and we can arrange this for you!

We can show you which schools and help you find your best option


Japan is one of the prime tourist destinations not just in Asia but in the whole world. Aside from being a great vacation place, Japan also offers a lot in terms of career.

This is why many individuals are aspiring to go to Japan for an exciting holiday or even go to Japan to work! But… who says you cannot do both? Fortunately, for those who are from one of countries mentioned above (26 countries), the dream of going to Japan to travel and enjoy the country as well as to earn a living is within your reach!

About Us


Who are we

An Education Consultancy/Agency (Japan Study Abroad)

Our Partner schools

Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Kobe, Nagano

Our services

All free of charge (Counseling, Application, Arrival Support etc)

218 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page